24 May 2010

Nice Gams

I had a revelation this weekend. The exercise I need to do to keep my blood sugar levels under control is finally making me feel good instead of awful. And it's a totally physical, vain thing that clued me in to this. I realized my legs look good again. A few months of not running or hiking made all my muscle tone disappear but the walking up and down hills and stairs and the stepping with the Wii fit for the last few weeks is bringing it back. I like that and I want to keep it.

When deciding on what to wear on Saturday night for dinner at a friend's house, I chose the short shorts I would have chosen pre-pregnancy rather than the jeans that have been covering up my legs for weeks. I put on a pair of wedge sandals and my legs looked and felt great.

Now I'm excited and happy to be working out again. I'm still taking it slow and easy, because I can't go very far without feeling winded and the extra weight I'm carrying around is aggravating some old aches and pains from my heavy mileage days.

My main reason for exercising is the health of me and the baby, but I'm enjoying the extra push I'm getting from liking my body again. It's been feeling like someone else's body for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis