23 April 2010

I'm Not Glowing with Motherhood

I'm glowing thanks to my Laura Mercier SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer and some cheap blush I bought the last time I was in a Target.

Pregnancy has not been kind to my skin. Just when I felt like I'd found the right combination of skin care products, blam-o, everything changed with hormones and stuff. My expensive special-occasion product has been called in for everyday use.

And here's why. My crying jags tend to be first thing in the morning. I've also been sleeping fitfully and look tired every morning. But I have to go to work and I don't want to do that with red, splotchy, tired-looking skin. I tried cheaper brands of foundations and tinted moisturizers but I kept coming back to Laura Mercier, which transforms me from tear-stained mess to natural (looking) glow in under five minutes. And that's why, for me, it's worth the price.

The SPF 20 is extra nice. When I moved to California at the age of 25, after growing up in New England, I started using daily moisturizers with at least SPF 15. The California sun was harsh to my skin. I can't believe that was nine years ago and I think it's due to my daily moisturizing and sun protection that people mistake me for being under 30. (Yes, I'm proud of that.)

As an added bonus a tube is only 1.5 ounces, so I can keep it in my carry-on bag for traveling, duck into the bathroom before the plane lands, and emerge from a red-eye flight looking as fresh as when I departed. So, double-score for me in two months when I take a 30-hour trip while 34 weeks pregnant.

*I was not compensated for this post, however if you click the Amazon button and ultimately decide to buy the product, a few cents will be thrown my way. I purchased this product for my own personal consumption.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry about crying jags first thing in the morning! Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this out. I'm so blotchy! Plus I need the spf too.

    BTW, love the new "undercover" site!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis