06 April 2010

Fave Fashion: Old Navy Foldover Jersey Skirt

This simple knit skirt has been my favorite thing to wear since I started gaining my pregnancy weight. At twenty-three weeks along, I’m still wearing the non-maternity version and I’m curious to see if I’ll be able to pull that off throughout the whole pregnancy. The waistband can be adjusted, folding it down when I want it under my stomach, and leaving it up when I want some tummy coverage.

It’s been a great transition piece for work and weekends. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes for work, especially since I was planning on leaving my job this year even before I found out I was pregnant. My office is somewhat casual; this skirt is appropriate when paired with my camisoles and cardigans (although I’m at the point where I can’t button the cardigans anymore with out them looking like the buttons are about to burst). On the weekends, the skirt and a t-shirt are a perfect casual look for running errands or meeting friends.

Did I mention how comfortable this skirt is? The knit fabric is lightweight and soft. I have this skirt in two different colors and I’m wearing them more often than my track pants, even when I’m sitting at home doing nothing. I’m trying to maintain some of my fashion-consciousness during pregnancy because some days it feels like the clothes I put on are the only thing I have control over. Pulling on a skirt takes the same amount of effort as pulling on sweatpants, so why not look cute?

The fabric content is rayon, polyester, and spandex. The skirt is available in a variety of colors from Old Navy.com. The regular skirt is $15.00 and the maternity version is $16.50.

Image from Old Navy.com. I was not compensated in any way for this post. Items were purchased by me for personal use.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis