04 December 2011

Outdoor Play: Scooter Practice

I'm a little late with my Friday postings this week. I had a work project that took up most of my time. But on Saturday afternoon we carved out some outdoor time. After a family walk, Mike reminded me that I still haven't learned to ride my scooter yet. Both cars were out at the mechanic's so the driveway was empty and the sun was in just the right spot so the driveway was shady. Perfect for scooter practice.

I'm afraid to ride my scooter in India although I'd like to ride it somewhere, someday. I'm trying to be brave and do new things so that Muffin learns to be brave too, rather than a 'fraidy cat like me. She loves scooters and I know she will love the day we eventually let her ride one for real. This is her practicing:

She and Mike explored the plants and slimy water on the side of the driveway while I practiced starting the scooter and putting it in gear. (All done very, very carefully with Muffin clear out of the way.) 

It's good for her to see me trying new things.

Outdoor Play is hosted by Greening Sam and Avery.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so cute sitting on that scooter! I try so hard not to let my kiddos see my fears as well, it can be super challenging sometimes though.
    Thanks for linking up to the outdoor play party! Would love to have you join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis